A Rainy Afternoon Antiquing

As we drive into town, there is a huge old barn, repurposed as the Foothills Mercantile. Stopping here is always a treat; they have a beautiful collection of vintage furniture, antique farming tools, and rare books. The first thing I saw when I walked in was this ottoman; I know it is more vintage than antique, but I just loved the contrast of the white leather and black old typeface number pattern.
I am particularly obsessed with purchasing books from their impressively curated education collection, circa 1876–1933. I legit can't browse this place in less than an hour. I found a lot of books by women authors; I am started to make a collection of any antique books I come across penned by them.
They have furniture that makes me want to buy out the entire barn. This nightstand was painted a powdered robin's egg blue, giving it a cozy, shabby-chic kinda feel, and I loved that it had the original drawer pull. 
Overall, I had a great time endlessly browsing the Mercantile—I can't wait for the big Spring sale!

Comments

Popular Posts